Thursday, July 10, 2008

Belly Bands...

I am running out of clothes that fit me! My tummy has definatley "popped" out faster this time around! It kinda sucks...I bought a bunch of summer clothes in April - just in time for our trip to Disneyland - and before I knew I was preggers...and now I've barely worn them. I was thinking I need to go out and buy some maternity summer clothes...but kinda dreading it - as I would only wear the summer clothes for a couple of months. Then my friend Naomi told me about Bella Bands. She had twins in March and didn't buy Mat pants at all. Just a couple of these bands! They're about $30 each....she ordered hers on-line. ($30 is a lot cheaper than going to buy pants/shorts...) The point of these bands is to allow you to wear your pre-pregancy pants and not do up the button or zipper...this band just goes over top...and it can grow with you....(it's supposed to keep your pants up too...)

So I searched the internet....These bands are pretty simple looking...got me thinking that I could probably make them for alot cheaper then I wouldn't have to pay for shipping or wait for them to arrive 1-2 weeks later. (Now I'm not much of a sewer...straight lines are about it...and even then...not so straight!!!!) So I then searched for patterns....this proved to be a bit more difficult...but I was able to find some ideas. I even went to fabric land to see if there were patterns and asked one of the workers there. Not much help....but still determined to give this a try...

I've now enlisted my mom to help...she's the sewer in the family. Basically the pattern seems really easy...basically a tube top! But it's finding the right material....I was thinking a spandex...but then wondered it that would get too hot...especially now...hmmm - will keep you posted....

Has anyone tried these in their recent pregancies?

2 comments:

Butchess said...

hey wasn't it amy that was talking about these??? let me know how it goes 'cuz i could really use something to keep my pants from falling down...

Amy said...

I have 2 that you can have - they are fantastic! The deal is that you can wear them over your pre-preggo pants with them unzipped (an you honestly can't tell), oer wear your mat pants a littel early as teh band helps them stay up and not fall down. And then the same goes after the baby is out.

I have a white pair and a cream colored pair. And I am all done getting pregnant and amalready almost back into the pre-Andy clothes (still a few sizes away from pre-Owen) so you can have them!