Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The Joys of teething!!!

We had a very fun week last week! Monday Charlie woke up around 10:30pm and was up for about an hour. (mommy wasn't even home for this! ) When I did get home - I noticed that Charlie was very very warm! So we gave him a dose of baby Advil. He settled down pretty quick once I took over the cuddling! But he proceeded to wake up A LOT over the course of the night! Not fun at all! Of course I knew right away he was teething - you just know don't you!

We check his temp in the morning and it seemed fine....so I brought him to daycare and let them know he was teething and didn't sleep well the night before. But around 10am I get a call from the daycare - saying that Charlie had a tempurature...I said Iwas pretty sure he wasn't sick...just teething...so they said that they would keep an eye on him...and hour later his temp. was quite high and I needed to go pick him up. Now I hope I'm not sounding like a bad mom...but I really didn't want to leave work and take a sick day...as I only have so many...and I didn't want to "waste" one because of teething! I wanted it to be for a "real" sickness!!! Anyways...My sister was home and said she would look after him....

Tuesday we had another fun filled sleepless night! Then again on Wednesday night!!!! But finally his fever broke! So Thursday he was back at daycare...and Mommy and Daddy were extrememly tired!!!! And I was able to look inside Charlie's mouth...3 molars and 2 eye teeth had poked their way out!!!! No wonder my poor baby couldn't sleep!!! Despite all the drugging!!!! (just kidding!)

Finally Thursday and Friday - we had full night sleeps! Yay - I felt like a new woman!!!!

And then....oh yes...there's a THEN...Saturday morning I was getting Charlie dressed for the day...and I discovered a rash covering his entire stomach and back...and a little bit on his face! So I freaked a bit...automatically thinking it was Chicken pox or measles!!! (I really didn't know what either look like!!!!) So we load up to go to the clinic...thankfully there was only 6 people ahead of us...

It was just a rash...he was probably contagious the week before...and probably picked it up from Daycare!!! Oh the joys of a public daycare!!!

And that was my week...last week!!!

But at least all of Charlie's teeth are in...just have the 2nd year molars now...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor little guy! I thought WE had it bad over the past week - all we ended up with was 1 normal tooth and 1 molar, so I dread to think how bad Charlie & you suffered!!

Give him a kiss and cuddle from us. x

Karen said...

Hi Charlie. I hope you are having some teething free days lately so your mommy and daddy can sleep!

sheri hall said...

yes, we've just gone through littlerally the same thing, fever, wont sleep on his own, I slept with him all week, well layed there while he slept, then when all seemed better he got a rash all over tummy and back.. wierd hun..maybe its all the ibuprophen...hhmmm...jk..sorta.

Unknown said...

That's a lot of teeth in a short amount of time, poor guy, thank goodness the rash wasn't anything major. Hope you're feeling better!