Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Broccoli

Last week I tried giving Charlie brocoli...he was not into this! He actually gagged!!! I never knew a baby would actually gag! But he did! (Not that I blame him...it smelled pretty bad! I mean, I like steamed broccoli...but I like it to still have a bit of crunch to it. Of course with Charlie's I had to cook it till it was very cooked!) However, the book I've been getting recipes from to make my own baby food said that Broccoli was very good for babies and to start with it early and serve it often! So I tried. Two spoons...then gagging. I first mixed it with Rice Cereal...then I tried mashed potatoes....Nope. So I figued no use forcing the issue....I gave him carrots for dinner that night. I decided to wait a bit before trying again. So I tried last night. I tricked him by mixing half a cube of broccoli with a whole cube of Yams. (Charlie loves Yams!) Success! Charlie ate it. He had a bit of a weird look on his face with each spoonful but he ate it all! No gagging! I tried again tonight for dinner (half a cube of broccoli to a whole cube of Yams plus some rice cereal). He ate it all up - he was eating very slowly...but he ate it non-the-less.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have to "sneak" Owen food too. But not, broccoli - we havem;t tried that yet. But I have to sneak him peas. He hates them, so I have to cover them in sweet potatoes for him to eat them. And every once in a while he'll look at me like "I know what you're doing lady!"